interesting rig

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I like the look and feel of their interiors. Speaks of craftsmanship and care. The rear French doors are especially appealing. Despite how warm the exterior wood is, I'm not sure that I'd want the maintenance hassle.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
All of that exterior wood must be heavy....
02.jpg

.....but if you ever ran out of firewood it could come in handy!

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I think that German guy got his idea from this Wisconsin Wood Carver I met while heading to the Apostle Islands to paddle back in 2007

This was probably one of the most unique home made campers I've ever seen in my life. Built on a Van Body, all out of wood, and mostly hand carved!:drool:

446691392_6MDPw-L-1.jpg

Dont know what it's offroad ability would be, but man would it turn some heads driving down the road.

446692116_6ECKn-L-1.jpg

He uses it as a daily drive too!

446689517_ejuh7-L-1.jpg

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Spent a couple of days with this guy in Monument Valley. He built this home made truck camper out of wood and has been on the road for 8 months now.

He left from Alaska where he had lived for the last 40 years. Really cool guy! I think he's work camping in the Rockies right now, or at least he was over the summer.

446692122_3j7rJ-L-1.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Yeah, while those may not be the most "off-road" compotent camper, but man do I LOVE the build appearance and feel... There's something very inviting adn homey about them eh.

Cheers

Dave

Sleeping Dog

Adventurer
Spent a couple of days with this guy in Monument Valley. He built this home made truck camper out of wood and has been on the road for 8 months now.

He left from Alaska where he had lived for the last 40 years. Really cool guy! I think he's work camping in the Rockies right now, or at least he was over the summer.

446692122_3j7rJ-L-1.jpg

Here you go, build your own plywood camper
http://cheaprvliving.com/BuildYourOwnCamper.html

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan