Is A Baby FJ Type Cruiser Really Headed To N.A.?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
The rumors originally were for a EV Baby SUV, but now the buzz is leaning towards a hybrid (or maybe even a gasser?).

Before we get our checkbooks out, we need to get more solid information about the timing of this launch. After all, we should note that the current information on this making the rumor rounds is mostly speculation.

Toyota has not officially announced definite production or availability information, but maybe the success of the Bronco Sport has gotten its attention?.

We might not have to wait to much longer to find out though, as we may see a possible reveal of T’s newest baby at the Japan Mobility show coming soon in October.

IMG_8849.jpeg

IMG_8850.jpeg

“Toyota might be reviving the Cruiser and we might see a pure EV version in the future, but for now, expect it to be partly electrified.

For many years, Toyota in the U.S. only offered the 4Runner and the Land Cruiser in the proper 4x4 segment. On top of that, the Land Cruiser offered was the most luxurious and least off-road-worthy variant of the Land Cruiser one could possibly get.

Therefore, it didn’t sell well and was eventually pulled out of the market.

Lately, however, Toyota engineers seem to be preparing a lot of exciting stuff. First and foremost, a few months ago we received the great news that the new Land Cruiser J250 will be coming to the U.S. in a much more affordable and off-road-worthy trim level.

But now, we have also received news regarding a smaller baby Land Cruiser, which was initially destined to be electric. However, plans have changed, and it appears we will be getting a proper full-on baby-sized off-roader.”

Read on for more …

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Neat. But kinda seems redundant with the Rav already in the lineup.

Same could be said with Bronco sport and Escape.

I foresee the Escape being repositioned or canceled.

thezentree

pretend redneck
That yellow rendering sure looks like it might have a solid rear axle. It'll be a lot cooler if it does.

nickw

Adventurer
That yellow rendering sure looks like it might have a solid rear axle. It'll be a lot cooler if it does.
Why? Properly executed IRS can be a good option with modern designs like on the current Defender and Ford Explorer.

jaxyaks

Adventurer
Neat. But kinda seems redundant with the Rav already in the lineup.

Same could be said with Bronco sport and Escape.

I foresee the Escape being repositioned or canceled.
The Rav is unibody, I would suspect the baby FJ would be body on frame, if it is not I agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior