Is it okay to run 33s on stock Raider axels?

Raider27

Hey all,
I have a 89 Dodge Raider V6 and I'm looking into getting a set of BFG mud terrains, 33x10.5x15 , I'd be running them on my stock rims as well. Has anyone experienced any issues with this? A major loss of power? Ruining axels? Rubbing? I'm also looking into some wheel spacers and I'm wondering if they will even be necessary, I definitely want the tires sticking out from the fender wells.

I'd love to see some pictures if y'all have 33s on yours!

Thanks,
Mackinley

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
No issues what so ever, they should have come with 33x10.5s stock. There may be a slight rub on the front bumper corner *maybe. If so cut it with a hot razor knife and call it a day. Your axles will be fine even if you hammer on them, they are much bigger than what comes on a Jeep.

ultrakill

Adventurer
good looking raider and monteros, waiting for my tread to disappear then i will do the same on my LWB 1990. I cranked t-bars and have OME rear springs so I'm hoping I'll have the same gap or more for uptravel.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
You guys make me miss my '89 Montero! I ran LT235/75R15 Springfield Safari AWRs on mine, I had a neighbor running 31-1050R15s on his but as I recall, his rubbed at full lock. Neither of us was lifted. If I ever see one for sale in decent shape, I'm buying it. I always wanted a Gen II two-door but they never made it to the States.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998