Is this a good price on a pop-up?

ClayH

Adventurer
I found this and just so happens he's looking to trade for a 30' 5er and I just happen to have a nice 30' Rockwood to trade.
How are these as far as fuel milage since it catches more wind?
http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/3621343590.html

It looks pretty clean from what I can tell. I'll have to ask for better pictures. This whole trading situation 750 miles apart would be a real PITA too.

brian90744

American Trekker
Clay.
For an 2008 not bad price, It appears from ad in good shape. You would get better MPG with the pop-up. I guess your truck has an 8 ft bed. Weight wise with your truck no problem, you would have to modify the front jacks (wider) for the duelly bed, Full size door is nice, overhead cabinets nice. If can get it for a lower price????. Remember dont rush into a buy.
brian

I have the bug to sell the 30' 5er and get one of these. I thought this sounded like a pretty good deal and it would serve my needs perfect I think. I have a 4x4 F-350 dually to set it on.
http://denver.craigslist.org/rvd/3575867252.html

thanks for your help.

Last edited:

ClayH

Adventurer
Clay.
For an 2008 not bad price, It appears from ad in good shape. You would get better MPG with the pop-up. I guess your truck has an 8 ft bed. Weight wise with you truck no problem, you would have to modify the front jacks (wider) for the duelly bed, Full size door is nice, overhead cabinets nice. If can get it for a lower price????. Remember dont rush into a buy.
brian
I hadnt thought about the front jack being an issue with the dually but I clearly see that now. Thanks. I know the fuel mileage will be different but is it enough to consider an issue? I get 15 mpg empty, If I get 13 with a popup and 9 with a hard side, that would be an issue to me but if it only cut it by 1 mpg, that wouldnt be a deal breaker to me.

brian90744

American Trekker
Clay.
I used 3" channel iron on each side to increase the width only the front. You can buy Jack extenters for duelly. MPG should OK with your truck, easy pedal??
brian

I hadnt thought about the front jack being an issue with the dually but I clearly see that now. Thanks. I know the fuel mileage will be different but is it enough to consider an issue? I get 15 mpg empty, If I get 13 with a popup and 9 with a hard side, that would be an issue to me but if it only cut it by 1 mpg, that wouldnt be a deal breaker to me.

mkish

Adventurer
Lance does have a pretty decent reputation (unlike Palomino--that is probably overpriced for one of those) but they make so darn many campers they have to put out a few lemons. If you buy a Lance, make sure it's not the one featured on that website. :)

I have an 8 ft floor + extended cabover popup camper (~2200 lbs) on a SRW f350 and it drops highway mileage from ~21 mpg to ~16. I think the Palomino is wider than my Northstar, but has a shorter cabover bed. Between those two, I'd take the Lance. Or keep looking. If you're looking in CO, you ought to have a better selection! Even the Hallmark Mfg.'s used camper selection is priced better than what you're looking at. Even the one they are apparently trying to give away. Okay, maybe not the free one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman