Its a Jeep Thing, I can't figure it out!!!!

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Our 2002 KJ Renegade (Gas), is tripping the Malfunction Indicator Light or MIL (Check Engine Light or CEL) for code P1775. I have searched the '02 KJ FSM high and low for what P1775 could be, to no avail. (I was looking at this FSM: http://colorado4wheel.com/allmanuals/Jeep/KJ/02_KJ_FSM.pdf). I was thinking it would be in section 25-16 but there seems to be a void where P1775 would fall. :mixed-smiley-030:

I pulled the error code using a ScanGauge II plugged directly into the ODB port.

Any help as to what code P1775 could be?

Thanks in advance.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Quick little Googling reveals Jeep likes P1775 as transmission malfunction.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Quick little Googling reveals Jeep likes P1775 as transmission malfunction.

Yeah I came up with the following: P1775 = SOLENOID SWITCH VALVE LATCHED IN TCC POSITION (thanks Google, but it is for the CRD) Can I safely assume its the same for the gas?

But now what in the world do I do with this info!? Whats TCC? I know nothing on this, thus why I was resorting to the FSM.

HINT: FlyingWen I think that 4Dr. JK looks even better right now. (Think white). I know nothing about transmission stuff!

OK back on topic... of the top of my head I think a TCC would be the Torque Converter Clutch, but that has a circuit??? Time to keep digging in the FSM and see if I get lucky.

SixLug

Explorer
I know cherokees have something similar or other transmission (auto) sensors and ECUs and blah blah, and I always end up reading that if someone takes a dip in some mud or too deep of water, then there trannys start messing up and wont shift right and solenoids go out and blah blah. Ha. So it sounds like another 'Jeep Thing' as you stated. Sorry for my vagueness, but just thought Id offer a little info.

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
TCC = Torque Converter Clutch

I'm guessing the TCC is latched in the ON position. It is electromechanically activated via a solenoid. Is the solenoid that does this accessible? Take a look at the wiring and see if the solenoid can be easily replaced if it comes to that. The connector(s) for the solenoid may just be dirty and need to be cleaned up.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
FSM says:

P1775 - Solenoid switch valve latched in TCC position

I would reset the trouble code and see if it comes back. Is the vehicle working fine?

Low fluid level can cause many transmission problems. Check the fluid level.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
It is the torque Converter Clutch. In most modern electronic transmissions the TCC is operated by a solenoid. I suggest you take care of this very quickly or it will cause internal damage and eventually failure of the transmission requiring a complete rebuild (very costly). The solenoids are usually easy and inexspensive repairs. Most TCC solenoids are inside the valve body, look at the valve body diagram on the FSM and it should show you which solenoid is your culprit. While you have the pan removed it would be a good time to change the fluid and filter. Also, check the pan magnet for large bits of metal, that is not a good sign (if all is well the magnet should be fairly clean with some very small bits of metal, like iron filings). I would not recommend driving it until you get this sorted out. JMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior