It's Raining, It's Pouring...

FlyingWen

Explorer
After months of performing sacred rain-channeling rituals :friday: , our efforts were rewarded on Friday morning, when the Heavens opened up and rain came pouring down upon us. The Phoenix area received so much rain that some people had to abandon their vehicles that were stuck in a wash and find a alternate mode of transportation home :REExeSwimmingHL: . (Apparently, none of them had a "Safety Snorkel")
The Flying Family decided celebrate this unusual event by taking the Xterra out to Box Canyon on her maiden voyage. :088:

Oh my, is that a puddle I spot?
12-2-2007-17-1.jpg

It IS a puddle... Whoopee!
12-2-2007-16.jpg

Ahhh, that was FUN!
12-2-2007-15.jpg

All went smoothly except for a lost shackle that went flying off the X: yikes: (which you can see in pic 2). Don't worry, the bright yellow shackle was recovered and suffered only minor bumps and bruises.

We weren't out long, but is was fun! The X seems to run better when it's dirty!

7wt

Expedition Leader
Cool, it's raining here too but it's freezing rain! Have fun in the warm weather mud puddles.

FlyingWen

Explorer
7wt said:
Cool, it's raining here too but it's freezing rain! Have fun in the warm weather mud puddles.

It was freezing here too! I had to put on a windbreaker and almost jeans! :sunny: :p

Willman

Nice Wen!

We got your rain in the form of snow!!!!.....Snowed all day Saturday...

;) ....but i was stuck inside writing a 12 page paper on HR:eek:

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Now that you've got her baptized in that mudhole, feel free to come on up and run her in some good ole PA mud. It's not that we like to play in the mud, but this time of the year we've ain't got much choice in trail conditions. With November comes the none stop barrage of rain, snow, and sleet, mixed with lots of top soil and clay it makes for a gooey going. There'll be some vension bar-b-q heating on the stove.:campfire: +:elkgrin: =:wings:

FlyingWen

Explorer
kcowyo said:
What have you done with Wil? :box:

I see lots of Wendy these days, no Wil......

Oh, you didn't hear? He has been chained to the doghouse b/c he didn't clean his garage like a good little boy!

Actually, Wil got this Manager position with a Charter Airline and he works like 80 hours a week! He worked for 24 hours the other day :coffee: !
He thinks it will slow down with addition of extra employees, but until then, you guys are stuck with seeing a lot of me! :D

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
:REOutShootinghunter

It's -27C in Calgary and it's snowing again. Dogs are freezing to fire hydrants mid-stream.

articulate

Expedition Leader
mountainpete said:
It's -27C in Calgary and it's snowing again. Dogs are freezing to fire hydrants mid-stream.
That happened to me once. Got a ticket for it, too. Don't ask.

kcowyo said:
What have you done with Wil? :box:
Whatever Wendy did, it was an upgrade . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears