Jammed rear Door on a DII, suggestions

Well, my rear cargo door is stuck shut. I'm guessing the latch is filled with fine red dirt from three awesome days of off roading and photography in the Pryor Mts. Looking for suggestion on ways to open it, a good wash didn't seem to help, nor can you open it from the inside out. Thanks for taking you time to assist me.

Mike

yubert

Explorer
My rear door sometimes gets stuck too. I can press the outside latch but the door latch doesn't release. I've found that by pushing the door forward when pressing the latch, it will release and the door will open.

Don't know if this will work for you but you might want to give it a try.

Gt3454

Take a knife and pop out the Green Oval Land Rover insignia.

Take a water hose and put it in the hole you just opened at full power.
Leave it there for about 30 seconds.

Open Door.

Unfortunately it seems you will have to keep doing that every once in a while.

FortyMileDesert

Adventurer
Take a knife and pop out the Green Oval Land Rover insignia.

Take a water hose and put it in the hole you just opened at full power.
Leave it there for about 30 seconds.

Open Door.

Unfortunately it seems you will have to keep doing that every once in a while.

I spend so much time in thick dust that mine sticks a couple times a year.

I take off the oval and give it a shot of WD-40. Also clean and lube the latch on the door frame with some spray lithium grease....After it works well; wipe it all off with a rag so the dust builds up slowly......

Well thanks for the all the help, but it is still jammed, the latch works great (outside one), the door will not open from either side. This makes me worry that is the actual locking mechanism inside of the door, anyone know a way to remade this?

rmcnabb

This is worth trying: mine wouldn't open once, and I thought it was locked. So it hit the electronic button to unlock it, only to find that all the doors were already unlocked. So I locked, and then unlocked, and then locked (repeatedly about 5 or 6 times) the button, and it worked. The mechanism looked very dry when the door was open. WD40 sprayed in. It's never done it since.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan