Jeepin Jason's M416

Jeepin Jason

Observer
Finally repainted my M416 it to match my tow vehicle. My first TJ was white and this one is black. I bought the trailer over 10 years ago and have been slowly working on it. I did a spring over axle on it to get it level with the TJ and to add a bit of clearance.

I bought the top from 3dogcamping.com in Australia and I have the lower surround kit to attach to it if I ever raise it up higher. I tried mounting it higher, but because the base of the tent is so big I was afraid that it would really knock against the trees if I took it on any tight trails. It also caught a bunch of air and caused turbulance to the trailer when it was mounted high. It allows for a full queen size mattress inside and it is really stable as I mounted the frame of the tent right to the top of the trailer. I have the tent on a hinge so I can raise and lower it as needed to get items out of the box.

I even rigged a small window A/C to the inside so that if I have electric I can stay cool or if I bring my small Yamaha generator I can run it as well.

Last edited:

Jeepin Jason

Observer
Here is a couple more pics of the hitch and how the tent lifts up to allow access to the bed. The boards that hold it open swing back and lock in the upright position. When it is closed I have two locks that hold it down. Plus a pick of how I mounted the spare....

Jeepin Jason

Observer
No, not the same one. I am actually the original Jeepin Jason ;-)

Also, anyone know how to change the title of my thread? I tried to change it after I realized that I posted the exact title of another thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12