JK/JL Jeep Camper Concept

LostInTheWorld

Builder/Traveler
My wife & I have followed your project for Dan, beautiful workmanship and creativity >> KUDOS!!

We have used the Froli in both our van conversions and topped it with a custom size/cut natural latex mattress from https://sleeponlatex.com/ (no affiliation, just happy repeat customers; both vans and also our primary bed in our sticks/bricks home. They will make a mattress in any size/thickness you wish).

Our favorite combo with the Froli is the 3" thick mattress. In fact after arriving back home waaaay back in 2011 after the maiden voyage in our Chevy van my wife asked me the morning after sleeping in our home's Sealy Posture Pedic if i could order a Froli & Latex to swap out :)

OH, and IF you ever decide to offer your designs to the general public, my wife and i would like to be on that short list!! >> and as an FYI, your idea of "sleeping downstairs" is how we would go also. Versatile in our preferred, often windy, southwest desert (we live in Nevada just east of Death Valley)

Happy Trails,
Thom

View attachment 824907
Hey @Accrete, I’m glad to hear that you have been following along via Dan’s posts. Thanks, it’s all been a lot of work, so I appreciate the feedback.

We really liked the Froli Stars that we put in our Mog, and I can totally see that your Froli + 3" thick mattress would be a great combination. I’ve been chatting with Yvonne about that combination, and I think we would like it, but it’s challenging with the dinette setup that we have.

I’ve been getting a ton of requests to build more of these campers. I think they are turning out to be really cool travel vehicles, but they sure are a lot of work to build. Making more would be a serious undertaking for sure.

Yvonne and I totally agree with you that "sleeping downstairs" is really versatile for us as we also often camp in windy southwest locations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior