JK Lift: AEV 2.5 and Correction Brackets, 35x11.5

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
My son just bought a 2015 JK Rubicon Hardrock M6. He wants to run the AEV 2.5 and 35x11.5R17 on Stock Rims. Adding to the suspension, he'd wants to do geometry correction brackets. Rounding out with a new Fox Steering stabalzer.

Should he just buy the AEV correction brackets or another brand?

We'll put in the metal cloak bump stops bumpers and adjust overall bumpstop height as needed (if needed).

Anything we should look out for with this setup? Current setup is 100% stock suspension with $126k miles.

Hegear

You will need wheel spacers if keeping stock rims. My son has 35x10.5 kenda and he needed 1inch. It still rubs slightly on sway bar at full lock and full articulation. You may want to consider 1.25.

DCH109

Adventurer
Get the AEV brackets for everything if you can. I have the 2.5 on my 2015 and while I only have 33" tires, I can say there is zero wander, bump steer or any other issues. I have driven over 5000 miles and so far the best lift I have done.

I went one step further and got the AEV wheels and removed any problems I would have running larger tires.

ZONE ZERO

I’m just about to do an install on this same kit on my 18 jku, I order it with the correction brackets.
the only thing I added that was not AEV was an old man emu steering stabilizer and the flip bracket to rase it up out of the way.
prior to about a month ago I was running 255/85r17 mickey Thompson baja boss ATS with no rub on anything with a simple spacer lift On stock wheels, they came out to a 34.5x10.5 if that helps.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
You might want/need sway bar extension links, and I would highly recommend upgraded track bar and drag steeling components from Synergy, Steer Smarts, RPM, or similar. Metal Cloak has them too. After 126k miles, all those joints are worn out and prone to death wobble or just not tracking very well on 35's.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Roughly 150k miles on my AEV 2.5 with correction brackets and I love them. All of the scary brake dive / steer went away.

Interestingly, at 171k, my rear trac-bar popped in half in the parking lot at work. Very obvious signs of fatigue cracking. That was a bit of a surprise and I’m glad it didnt happen on a trail.IMG_4369.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12