Joining the club

Roktoys84

Adventurer
I was lurking in the Communications forum over the weekend and after seeing how many people use 2m radios for overland travel I decided to get my license. I downloaded a study guide from KB6NU’s Ham Radio Blog on Sunday, read through it, took some practice exams at eHam and took my tech exam yesterday. I aced the tech exam :wings: and of course bombed the general test. I should have my call sign on Thursday. Now I just need to get funding approved by the wife to get a radio.

taugust

Adventurer
Congratulations. You won't regret it for trail comms. You might find some other interesting aspects of ham radio as I did. There is so much out there, it really has become a hobby. After I got my license and radio, I got interested in weather spotting for the National Weather Service, and volunteer emergency communications with the local RACES group. Have fun.

oldcase

Observer
Congrats, I took the General today, missed one, they wouldn't tell me which one. Download the questions for it and study some and you'll pass it to! To me it was easier than the Tech exam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998