Just bought me a frontier

Blacknmuddy

Observer
Silver, 06 Frontier LE 4x4,Auto, 48k/mi.

I was originally in the market for a tacoma, but i looked at this frontier and fell in love with it. Ive got Frontier fever. :smiley_drive::wings:

IMAG0128.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

Last edited:

Blacknmuddy

Observer
I live on the island of Oahu, Hi now so I may end up getting me a camper shell or besttop type cover for my gear in the back. (rains alot here).

Plan on messing with the suspension first, lift it a bit if my finance officer(wife) approves.lol. Its got a small lift already.

Powder coat the stock rims or get new ones, slap some more aggressive offroad tires on there.

Front & Rear bumper and maybe a winch.

other small odds and ends, Ill keep ya posted.

I was gonna start modding my tundra, but i decided to join the military, had to put that project aside. I ended up letting my parents have that truck and bought me this frontier. Let the fun begin.

tombodad

Adventurer
Nice truck. I was looking at tacoma's also, but got so much more for the money with the frontier. it's also more comfortable.
If you don't know about the problem with radiator/trans cross-contamination, pm me. A potentially huge problem can be easily avoided, if you do so now.

tombodad

Adventurer
Thanks, project510. I was going to post that link as well, but didn't have time.

I have done a bypass myself a couple times now, and am happy to talk anyone through it that needs it. Truly just one chink in the armor of a great rig.

fishy_frontier

Adventurer

Just some extra info on this... You don't have to buy any parts to do the bypass unlike some other frontier/xterra owners have. It's as simple as unplugging two hoses and switching their places.

Here is a really simple thread which shows you how to do the bypass, and also add an extra trans cooler if you want to (but it's not needed)...

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25955

Blacknmuddy

Observer
BAAAH, Im ending up trying to sell this truck for a Nissan Xterra 2006 or newer, I need more room in the back for a baby on the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior