Just got liscence need used gear

N8B

Hey guys Im Nathan, I am new to the forum buy my dad is 1leglance and I do a lot of off road traveling with him. I just passed my motorcycle safety course and will be getting my license tomorrow. I am completely new to motorcycles and although I do not have a bike yet I plan on getting one in the near future. Right now I am looking for any used gear people are willing to part with for cheap since I am a college student and this stuff is normally quite expensive new. I will be going to the overland expo so if anyone has some gear they would like to sell please let me know.

Rexsname

Explorer
Also check out CycleGear. There are several stores in the PHX area. Carrie got a $200 jacket for $39.00 and a pair of $159 pants for $49. I was treated VERY well by them when I went to buy my moto boots. Good selection and prices.

REX

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Hi Nathan,
Your dad knows me- we spent the whole of last years EXPO next door to each other.
I have some used gear, though it can hardly be called used. I have a jacket worn twice by my wife, another jacket used a handful of times, both padded and waterproof with removeable liners. I have boots used maybe 3 times and also 3 helmets and a bunch of gloves.
PM me or call me. What size are you?

I can bring everything to OX for you.
Rou

GR8ADV

Explorer
Also checkout ADVrider.com in the classified section.

Don't skimp on gear, but you will need to keep a balance; don't blow your wad on a jacket, cus it's the shiz, and then not be able to afford the pants. Get all the gear before you ride, boots, pants, jacket helmet and gloves.

Get stuff that you look cool in; that way you will want to wear it. Make sure it all has armor. Don't get stuff your dad wants if you don't like it. You won't wear it.

All The Gear, All The Time; if you are not familiar with that phrase, ATGATT, imprint it on your mind.

Also, you may want to share your age, height and weight with folks so they know if what they have may work for you. Also share your budget. I have some great BMW gear that is awesome, along with several helmets, if any of it fits you.

Enjoy

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
I'll second the newenough recommendation... My heavy leather jacket with padding (Fieldsheer) was under $40 shipped. Love that thing!

N8B

I tried on a 44 jacket today and it felt good... I wear large gloves and a 36-38 waist... My super amazing dad just bought me a helm! A ninja 250 is what i really want but mainly just a street bike

Last edited:

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
From you waist and jacket size, I'd say a 250 is probably right for you, you're not a little guy. Being new, I'd suggest you get some good armor, chest protector. Get good gloves and boots and protect your knees! I put my helmet on to back my bikes in the garage, never know what would happen if my foot slipped! Just saying, get use to wearing a helmet at all times! Keep the rubber side down my friend and congrats on the license! :bike_rider:

traveltoad

Aaron S
This may not be what you are looking for... but I have...

1206872950_TqBhb-L.jpg

1206873034_FfL6m-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman