Just how different are mid size beds?

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Hello, I am in the market for a topper but am curious just how different a model from (insert manufacture name here) that says “for tacoma” is REALLY from one that says it’s for a different midsize truck with same size bed. Is it just differences in how they are mounted or are there clear and obvious differences dimensionally that would keep it from being used?

Dave in AZ

Hello, I am in the market for a topper but am curious just how different a model from (insert manufacture name here) that says “for tacoma” is REALLY from one that says it’s for a different midsize truck with same size bed. Is it just differences in how they are mounted or are there clear and obvious differences dimensionally that would keep it from being used?
Tacoma short bed is 5ft. Long bed is 73.5", just over 6 ft. Width of other trucks may be different. It is the dimensions that are the issue.

Never seen a comprehensive list of all truck bed widths and lengths. You could visit a bunch of websites and make one... That would be a great info-providing post that would help others.

Dave in AZ

I thought I had a specs sheet for Tune campers, that I could calculate the bed size for like 20 trucks. Unfortunately when I looked at the specs, they would be guesses, as they give different camper dimensions. Darn.

85_Ranger4x4

Ranger 19+ had 5' and 6' beds. 6' got dropped for 2024.

Depth and width are also important though, Tacoma has a rather shallow bed compared to many other non Gladiator trucks.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Short answer, you need one made for your exact model if you want it to look right.
Dimensions will be off, it won’t look right with the body lines, the back hatch won’t line up with the tailgate and seal correctly etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior