Just picked up a 08 Tundra. 4x4..

mxtaco48

I have a few questions...

I plan on building a rig soon....In the meantime what can I do with a full size Tundra?

I had a FZJ80, had planned a trip to Big Bend and from the looks of it I could do most trails/roads with my truck no problem...What other trails in the Texas area would be fun to do camping/expedition type travelling? I understand me getting a fullsize sharply diminishes the chances of me doing anything technical(plus I dont wanna screw up my new truck) but just in the meantime until I get a fj40 up n running

My only mods I plan to have before x-mas are Lift/Levelling kit( 3 inches)...33-35" tires and a rock sliders...Thanks!

jim65wagon

I'm looking forward to pics. Although mine is the smaller 1st gen, I'm also really curious to how the new ones really go in the real world. I can picture some nice rims, 35" tires, the rock sliders, a bed mounted fridge and water tank, and an over bed RTT. Should be able to haul as much camping gear as you need for several days.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
mxtaco48 said:
I have a few questions...

I plan on building a rig soon....In the meantime what can I do with a full size Tundra?

I had a FZJ80, had planned a trip to Big Bend and from the looks of it I could do most trails/roads with my truck no problem...What other trails in the Texas area would be fun to do camping/expedition type travelling? I understand me getting a fullsize sharply diminishes the chances of me doing anything technical(plus I dont wanna screw up my new truck) but just in the meantime until I get a fj40 up n running

My only mods I plan to have before x-mas are Lift/Levelling kit( 3 inches)...33-35" tires and a rock sliders...Thanks!

Sounds like a great start.

Do you have any photos? It is fun to watch them go from stock to built.

If you plan on having a heavy rig, and most of our trucks do end up being on the heavy side, remember that the new Tundra's have soft rear springs. They ride great when empty, but start to sag at the rear with any weight. Just something to keep in mind.

Lots of great roads in Big Bend, and LOTS of desert pinstriping to be found on those roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman