Koni Heavy Track Shocks for loaded D90

Sirocco

Explorer
Anyone here running Koni Heavy Track Shocks (Not Raid) on their D90?

Ours is near enough GVW (2440kg) and we will also be towing a sankey trailer across Russia next year. I was considering OME nitrocharger 'sport' but someone put me onto the above and having a read around they seem like the dogs danglies and cheaper (by a smidge) than the new OME 'sport' shocks.

I like the fct that I could adjust them to as I find HD springs and HD shocks a little harsh. I would like to soften up the ride a little without compromising handling issues (sway).

Any opinions before I pull the trigger on $700 for all 4? :D

will be coupled to Terrafirma springs (220lbs/in Front & 360lb/in rear) also. Been very happy with the current set and only replacing due to leaving next year. No sag in 4 years!

G

Red90

Adventurer
I have them. They replaced a set of Nitrochargers that died after two years of use... They are amazing. On rough roads, they just soak up the bumps and you just want to drive faster and faster. Nobody can keep up with me since I got them.

You want 8240-1181SPX and 8240-1190SPX

For springs, I run a light, long rear spring and Airlift bags. NRC4304, 170 lb/in, 17" long. The combination gives a spring rate 208 lb/in at 5 psi and 256 lb/in at 30 psi with the ability to add 1130 pounds of weight while maintaining ride height.

roamingyak

Observer
I used them on my 110 during my 3 year African trip, 112,000km, but driving slowly! Dual shocks at the back.

All 6 finished the trip with no problem. I had LR HD springs all round, and 130 helper springs in the back.

$700 sounds a bit much just for 4! In the UK 4 would set you back about $350....

Sirocco

Explorer
$700 sounds a bit much just for 4! In the UK 4 would set you back about $350....

I doubled it for dollars Darrin :)

£320 from Paddocks here in the UK. But I just won the LRO Calendar competition so should get £500 to spend with Bearmach! :D

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman