Lack of 12V outlets on portable power stations?

jagarcia89

I’ve always done can type builds with dedicated solar cabinets and battery banks. I always got 12v loads and chargers where possible for efficiency.

However, my next build is pop up truck camper shell and I’ll be using a tent until that’s ready. So I want a portable power option and have been debating building my own power box with a 100ah lithium battery or buying an off the shelf portable power station of which there are many.

But, it looks like most of them focus on AC outlets can’t DC power outlets. Why is this and are there any recommended ones that have dc outlets??? Looking for at least 1000wh

Apart from regular device charging I will have a maxxfan roof vent, lights, 18V cordless tool charging, and my 12V fridge. I suppose I could always use the AC adaptor for the fridge and use a 110v battery charger for the tools instead of the 12V one I have, then put a cigarette outlet style plug on the fan, but I wish there was just some dedicated 12v barrel plugs or something that could handle a few 10A max 12v loads.

The ecoflow delta is on sale right now but the lack of 12V outlets and what appears to be an inability to charge off my truck (it has AC input that says 1200w max and my truck has an AC outlet, but it’s only 400W).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4000lbsOfGoat

The ArkPack from Ark Portable Power is a bring-your-own-battery affair (up to 130Ah group 31) with at least a pair of 12v outlets.

The MegaBox from Powerwerx has a whole bunch of 12v outlets but only battery options up to 70Ah.

Your really want to avoid having to use an inverter if at all possible. It's WAY less efficient....

OllieChristopher

My solar generator has more than enough DC outlets. USB's and a 12 V socket I plug into that has an Anderson adapter I added. Bang for the buck the Jackery solar generators are hard to beat. Very light, compact and reliable as anything out there.

jagarcia89

My solar generator has more than enough DC outlets. USB's and a 12 V socket I plug into that has an Anderson adapter I added. Bang for the buck the Jackery solar generators are hard to beat. Very light, compact and reliable as anything out there.

Which jackery do you have? I was looking at the explorer 1000 and it looks like it has only one 12v outlet. Plenty of USB’s but only one 12v cigarette style outlet and no other 12V plugs. Actually just looked at the goal zero 1000 core and it has Anderson power pole and 6mm plugs rated at 10A instead of the 3A of others so may be able to run a max fan off that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OllieChristopher

Which jackery do you have?

I have the 300. I also have a dual battery setup in my truck with solar charge controller and isolation switch. If you really want to get the most DC out of your solar generator, simply add a rectifier adapter cord off the AC outlet. Depending on how many amps you need, you can get a few outlets per plug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger