Land Rover Defender 90 200TDI

elgabion

1987 Land Rover Defender 90
Regrettably I'm selling my Defender 90 which has been restored about 2 years ago. I don't want to but I'm in need of a pickup truck for work.
PROS:
Upgraded to a 200TDI with a new head gasket, timing belt and tensioner, belts, exhaust manifold gasket, valve cover gasket, rear crank seal, clutch with pressure plate, 2 electric fans (radiator and intercooler) - new Ashcroft LT77 5 speed gear box, rebuilt axels, upgraded Detroit Locker for rear and Detroit Limited Slip front - chassis has been sandblasted and repainted, footwells replaced with galvanized, reupholstered with new carpet, seat covers, headliner, front door panels, new door seals and radio with CD and bluetooth - Terrafirma 4X4 PRO medium duty spring and shocks, wheel spacers, steering damper, poly bush and bump stops, tie rod, winch bumper with 9500# Superwinch - new 285/75/16 Toyo Open Country (about 1800 miles on) - new complete brake system with lines, braided hoses, vented rotors - snorkel, full aluminum roof rack, Auxbeam led lights - dual battery system and Vivair on-board air compressor - Trasharoo trash bag and many other parts that I'm sure I forgot to mention.
CONS:
Small plastic trim on the dash cracked in one spot, one of the rear seats has a small tear in the vinyl, rear spare is a smaller size than the new tires (budget ran out), exterior paint has some flaws like pin stripes from brushes, small dent in the back from a trailer tool box, no AC.

It has been well maintained and cared for. I have over 40K invested in restoration but selling for less. My loss, your gain.
This is a solid and fun vehicle to drive, the first year I had a chance to fully use it since it was bought and restored. It performs well on and off the road. I'm not selling a paint job and upholstery, like other Defenders out there. If you're looking for a showroom or luxury vehicle, THIS IS NOT IT, but if you want an adventure-go-anywhere vehicle or even Def-8.jpgDef-1.jpgDef-5.jpga daily driver you are looking at it. It could be further customized for all the overland travel needs. I have the title in hand and is currently registered in the states.

It does not come with Tepui roof tent, RinoRack awning, Jerrycans and holders, HiLift jack with Front Runner mounts but could be included for an additional 2K if interested.

Asking price is 30K. I will consider trades for a pickup truck of similar value.
Buyer has to arrange and pay for freight or pick up locally. Contact me for details.

Def-40.jpg
Def-21.jpg
Def-41.jpg
Def-17.jpg
Def-31.jpg
Def-29.jpg
Def-24.jpg
View attachment 420752
View attachment 420753
View attachment 420754

Forum statistics

Threads