leaking filler nozzle

wcdu

Observer
I was one of the lucky ones who got in on that deal from Deutsche Optik, way back when, for 4 new Nato fuel cans and a nozzle. I recently did a round about trip in the southwest and stuck a couple of never-been-used cans in my pick-up bed. Turns out I needed to fill a can with gasoline. The can worked perfectly although the red material that forms the seal in the can looks a little worse for wear. However, the new nozzle leaked and leaked badly. I tried removing it and re-attaching it a couple of times and it still leaked. Fortunately I also had a super siphon on board.

Somehow or another I still think I am doing something wrong. Any advice from the experienced. Even my old Blitz cans don't leak like this. I will say that I think the nozzle seems a bit cheasy compared to the cans.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

NLXTACY

I have the used Nato with used nozzle and new Nato with new nozzle. In any combination they ALWAYS leak. :snorkel:

wcdu

Observer
Yesterday, in a fit of serious "putzing", I had occasion to have the old JB WELD out. So, I grabbed the 2 nozzles I have for the Nato cans and patched the 3 tiny holes running lengthwise from the base. After a bit more looking I put a little of the JB in any of the seams I saw. today, ,I grab a can of petrol and it emptied with nary a drop spilled. OooRah!

Now if I can find a soulution for the Blitz cans.

FWIW

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan