Leaving Annex Attached to RTT?

Mushin_Noshin

Adventurer
When I had my Tepui Autuna I folded it w annex and floor attached, I just velcrod the side of annex that normally went in sail track to the bottom. It worked great but the cover was snug! Eventually the zipper on cover broke and the fabric tore on the cover. I went online to Tarps.com and had a new tarp made slightly bigger and it made a huge difference! I made it with grommets and a draw string so more zippers needed. You can customize all the options you want for the cover, really easy and a great company to work with.
Long story short, make ur life easy and keep the annex and floor attached!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dcg141

Adventurer
I think I'm going to be able to pack mine with the floor on also. I use a 16 foot ratchet strap to close my tent now. I cut slits in the zipper material so I could run the strap underneath and still zip the cover on. The original velcro straps just would not hold. The ratchet strap pulls the top down now so that cover zipper is not stressed.

Mushin_Noshin

Adventurer
Just be careful not to put too much stress on the hinge and u should be good to go

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dcg141

Adventurer
I had a chance to get my tent out today to install some led lighting so I got my floor out and zipped it on. It packed up with just a little more time than with it off but it packed in and the cover went on. The cover was a tad tight in the corners but really no problem. Just like before I rolled up the front door and pulled the ladder out the front and closed the tent. I put the floor under the ladder as flat as possible and bunched the annex fabric on either side. You cannot believe how happy I am to find out this will work.

dcg141

Adventurer
I went to a race this weekend and used my tent for the first time since attaching my annex. As usual I did not get to leave in time to get there in daylight and had to set up in the dark. This was my main reason for fixing my tent this way. Fast setup is a high priority for me as I never can get away when I want too and arrive to set up very late. I was after 10 pm when I got to the track and in about 10 minutes I had my tent setup. Just flip it over and stake down the annex. BTW it was also my first trip with my Gordigear in a really bad storm. One of those intense rainstorms that we see in the southeast with huge heavy rain drops. Stayed dry in the tent all weekend. First time I have broken camp in a bad rain also since I got my tent. I took off the floor to repack to keep as much moister out as possible. Yesterday was nice and sunny so I got the tent back open and the floor hung up to dry and put it back on and repacked ready for my next outing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78