Lennys RunAway Ford F350SD

Lennywin

Lennys RunAway

I have a 2008 Ford F350 SD Lariat. It was ordered as a work truck and has a 200 amp SD Alternator. I'm all ready living FT in the truck, 'The Big Blue Beast'. Till I get my House Power System (HPS) in place I'm running off power from my friends house.

I picked up a Cole Hersee 48530 Smart Battery Isolator and I have two(2) Trojan T105 Batteries that will be mounted under the truck. Can I charge the Batts from a Direct Connection from one of the Truck Batteries (there's 2) or do I need some type of controller in-between. Or! As well as using the Isolator, I can turn the Charging System on/off from the AUX Switches already on the Dashboard and watching a Volt meter. Turn the system on when I'm running the engine and the House Batts need charging, or, turn the switch off when they're full.

If the 200AMP Alternator will give me enough power I'll hold off getting a Solar Panel until I can afford a good one. I'm sure that presents a whole different cluster of things to learn. My Brain is Full!
(I tried to post more photos of TBBB but only this one shows up)
DSCN0647-(1).jpg-The-Big-Blue-Beast.jpg-medium.jpg

BlueSea SI-ACR. Dual sensing battery isolater. Will isolate your battery banks but combine when you charge from either direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior