Lens for canon

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
What would be a good online site to buy a Zoom lens for a Canon EOS Rebel? What would be a good lens for the camera? Unfortunately there are no brick and mortar stores near me. I prefer to see what I’m getting.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
B&H photo out of new york is the most reputable photography store in the world, for real:

Define “good”. A good lens will cost much more than the camera. However, Canon makes a decent series of lenses for the Rebel that arent crap. They are called “EF-S” lenses or “white dot”. The 18-135 is around $400, the 18-200mm is around $800.

Tamron makes a host of compatible affordable lenses as well, many are quite good. A site i like for quality reviews is Fred Miranda.net. One thing I personally cant stand about Tamron is that they rotate the wrong way, opposite the direction Canon lenses rotate. I was always missing the snap shot due to that. Loved the IQ, hated the function, i learned to stay all Canon just for consistent use.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Looking to shoot wildlife and budget would be 100 to 400. I wish there were more brick and mortor stores near me. I like seeing what I’m getting.

TripLeader

Explorer
In addition to B&H...

Look at Adorama and KEH. All 3 stores sell used lenses. That's the budget way to shop. They rate the condition pretty well.

Thinman

For wildlife on a $400 budget, I would go with this Canon

Enjoy

Thinman

Better option if you can stretch to $450

grogie

Like to Camp
Better option if you can stretch to $450

Somewhat of an old thread, however I have this lens and for the money it's great. Nice, sharp images. I carry it along for use with a Canon SL3.

1000arms

Too open ended of a question!!
For a budget wildlife lens, I’d probably
Go with a 100-400.
Looking to shoot wildlife and budget would be 100 to 400. I wish there were more brick and mortor stores near me. I like seeing what I’m getting.
I think kpredator was referring to the Canon 100-400mm zoom lens (either the mark I or the mark II). See
What lens, if any, did you get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior