Let's talk camera BAGS...

TeleScooby

Adventurer
Lowepro is the way to go for a photo specific backpack, I also have the PhotoTrekker AW, for when I need to have the bulk of my gear with me. Otherwise I use a combination product from Crumpler. It's my everyday shoulder bag with a padded, divided insert in it. I loved this set up in NY last month, because you couldn't tell what I had in the bag, it looked just like every other messenger bad on the street, but it housed my D70, two lenses, and a compact video camera...

esh

Explorer
I'm using a MountainSmith pack. I saw DaKine also makes a nice one and the Burton looks nice. They weren't around when I was looking. The MountainSmith is really rugged and was half the price of any of the traditional camera brand bags.

Mine is an earlier generation (looks similar to their parallax). Holds the 20D, 70-200, 17-40, Tamron 28-75, 50, and 550EX flash. Probably room for one more in there.

Two features I like, it looks like a normal pack and opens from the inside (next to your back). Good security features.

http://www.ccoutdoorstore.com/mountainsmithparallax.html

Robthebrit

Explorer
I just bought a Pelican soft sided case, its really nice, storm proof and the main reason I got it is because it has a compartment in the back which fits a laptop and accessories. It has briefcase handles, shoulder strap and can also be worn as a backpack. Its fully padded, has an expansion zipper, velco partitions, internal and external zipper compartments for chargers, batt etc, stationary pocket and tripod holder. The entire bag fits in a Pelican hard case if you need additonal protection or full water proofing.

Best of all it was only about 120 bucks.

Rob

JackW

Explorer
Dust is the big killer of cameras so I usually transport mine in a Pelican case.

For regular camera bags I'm a big fan of the Tenba bags - I have three or four of them - the oldest is about 25 years old and still looks great after being dragged around for many trips.

www.tenba.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan