Lifting Struts, linear actuator recommendations for a pop top?

S2DM

Adventurer
Hey All,

Starting a unimog build out, pop top ambulance box based.

Had an initial question. We are working on a hard side pop top concept. Either fold down hard side, or accordion hard sides. I wanted to have a redundant lifting system, manual lifting struts to keep the load light and manually capable (I.E. me pushing) in the event of actuator failure, and then powered linear actuators.

Could anyone give any advice on bulletproof linear actuators and nice manual lift struts?

-Scott and Heather

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Hey All,

Starting a unimog build out, pop top ambulance box based.

Had an initial question. We are working on a hard side pop top concept. Either fold down hard side, or accordion hard sides. I wanted to have a redundant lifting system, manual lifting struts to keep the load light and manually capable (I.E. me pushing) in the event of actuator failure, and then powered linear actuators.

Could anyone give any advice on bulletproof linear actuators and nice manual lift struts?

-Scott and Heather
As John suggested, check Westyss's build here:
Westyss's build
Also sarconcepts has a great build with a raise-able top here:
sarconcepts's build
-
As a note: it is best to post your question in one forum only (not multiple as you have), AKA "cross-posting". That way the replies are all in one thread and not spread across the message board.
General Expedition Camper Discussion and Modifications, HERE is probably the best place without posting in each vehicle section and Adventure Planning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior