Lil dufus/doofus...

TxRubiRig

...as named by the wife...due to it just following close behind with a lil bounce here and there (she's a much better story teller than me).

Anyways, he is my new accessory :wings: :

0810091423a.jpg

...and thats an old Mombosa in the background that I picked up too.

0810091422.jpg

0810091533.jpg

here is a shot of the lid action, borrowed from the orginal owner:
IMG_0189.jpg

1st trailer (besides boat) for me...very excited...with many build plans/ideas.

as it sits, per orginal owner:
35" tires
2500# axle with electric brakes
Electric lift lid
Front storage that houses battery
pintle hitch
Not sure on the weight of the trailer
The top should be able to hold 500 pounds evenly distributed or maybe more not sure but the lift is only rated at 300 pounds.
You can put whatever you want in the tube I used it for parts. Tie rod, drag link, drive shaft, etc.
Overall length 124"
Overall width 651/2"
Overall height 431/2"
Lid 751/2" X 481/2"
Inside upper 46" X 711/2"
Inside lower 38" X 711/2"
Inside depth 181/2"
Tongue box 19" X 34" and 17"X 18"

My first order of business...mount the RTT...however, I want to have adjustable risers (the Thule Xsporter looks nice, but a lot of $$$). As of right now it will probably just be mounted flat on the lid till I figure something out.

Numerous other plans/ideas...will post as the come along (will be a slow build process, however as it sits its ready for the trails now)

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Really neat, where are you going to put the SPARE TIRES ???

:costumed-smiley-007:Wow1::safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

TxRubiRig

:sombrero: Really neat, where are you going to put the SPARE TIRES ???

:costumed-smiley-007:Wow1::safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

not sure yet...maybe on front, maybe swing out opposite of the smoker, maybe swing out on the rear, or maybe just on top of lid like orginal owner had it and have tent over it (as the tent will be on some type of adjustable riser at some point)

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, man thats gonna be a killer camping trailer

Check out R_Lefebvre/posts, he has a similar trailer, that He's building

Careful of any "swingout" setups, they have a habit of "running into interference"

I have a different setup because I carry two spares

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

What is the thing up front? Looks like a BBQ grill or a smoker :sombrero:

Just a note on your JK..... I have not seen one without fender flares other than yours and your pix confirmed something to me.... that JK's look alot better without those rediculous flares. Any plans for replacements?

Big Bear

Observer
That thing is cool and I love the nick name. The smoker is the bomb though :chef: Looks like a really fun project.

TxRubiRig

What is the thing up front? Looks like a BBQ grill or a smoker :sombrero:

Just a note on your JK..... I have not seen one without fender flares other than yours and your pix confirmed something to me.... that JK's look alot better without those rediculous flares. Any plans for replacements?

It is a smoker that the orginal owner built...pull the pin and it swings out, or pull another and put it in 2" receiver to haul by itself.

Fenders on the JK...tight trails around here (what little there are) caused the fenders to go bye-bye... NO PLANS TO ADD ANY OTHER FENDERS...that is unless I run across Rev111's prototypes (w/out the extentions).

The $$$ for the trailer was to be used on a comp cut and axle set back...but I figured I could do that anytime (assuming I have the $) and that good trailers up for sale are far and few between.

...another interesting note (maybe): the lift for the lid is from a wheelchair lift

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12