Lite Propane Tanks=RECALLED

brian90744

American Trekker
On May 24 2013 all Lite Propane Tanks are recalled. Do Not Use. they cannot be filled/refilled. More info online. the company is out of business and no funds. JUST FYI=brian

Last edited:

dcoy

Adventurer
I've got a Lite tank. Although vaguely aware of a recall, I love the tank so much that I've been procrastinating getting rid of it. I've had no problems and being able to see the fluid level is vastly superior to guessing how much you have in a tank.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
I've got a Lite tank. Although vaguely aware of a recall, I love the tank so much that I've been procrastinating getting rid of it. I've had no problems and being able to see the fluid level is vastly superior to guessing how much you have in a tank.

There are other manufacturers out there that make glass fibre tanks, so at least the latter point is void. As a bonus, you get to use something that is safe. If you read the recall report from back then, you'll be amazed at just how much they got wrong.

Here's another manufacturer who gets it right:

http://www.vikingcylinders.com/support/faq/

As for the report, I read it yesterday, but I can't find it right now. I think it was linked from some sail forum or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman