Looking for an awning.

TactilTex

Observer
Was asked if I needed an awning when I bought the Baroud....well of course I do.
Any opinion on the Baroud or ARB would be appreciated.
I'm not brand locked...just yet.

PinnaclePete

Piney Woods Forester
TCCTX.JPG

Love my ARB 2000. Use it at shows (write-off) and camping. Just ordered the awning room to make camping a little more comfortable for wifey. Real easy to set up, take down and install on truck. Very happy with the ARB.

Maxcustody

Explorer
Should give Eezi Awn a look as well......
e0a540d507010a4feb5d5a70ee1fc741.jpg
75686e6498d0777d266c077c674ab902.jpg

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

TactilTex

Observer
It's pretty much a toss up between the Baroud and the ARB.
Since I've already got their RTT I might have to go with the Baroud just for consistency.

huang

I'm in the same boat I'm between the Baroud and the ARB. ARB has been great in the past... but Baroud has 5yr warranty... I can't find anyone around here that has touched both, and Baroud is slim on information. The European website says there is a zipper bag for protection for the Baroud, but no pictures show it. I would welcome any input from anyone who has seen both.

spikemd

Explorer
Anyone have any thoughts on the CVT? I'm tempted by the new Baroud one but I have a CVT RTT already.

I have a Tepui awning, same as ARB/TuffStuff/Ironman, and it fits directly into the rails of my Tuff Stuff RTT. If you already have a CVT, I would recommend sticking with the brand as it should integrate and make install easier if you already have the RTT mounted.

The batwing awnings are sweet but be sure you tailgate won't hit the awning when opened. Ideal for side opening rear doors.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I've had a Fiamma F35pro on my 4-Runner for several years now. Really like the alum outer case....painted it flat black to match my Frontrunner rack

I bought a set of brackets for my 1984 Westy so I can use the awning on both rigs.

concretejungle

Adventurer
did you get the Baroud? I have their RTT as well, but went with the ARB 2500 awning with the room. I'm really loving the combo. I was worried about the foxwing type awnings in the wind, plus i've noticed IMHO, they seem to sag pretty bad between each pole.

I have used my awning in HEAVY rain and HEAVY winds and if staked out properly, it did phenomenal. Very pleased. Plus the mesh windows in the room are fine enough to stop no-see-ums.

pcut

Adventurer
Ditto- the boys at ok4wd are great to deal with- Jim and Rin are the guys that helped me with my Baroud Grand Raid XXL. Even though they are about as far away from Utah as you can get and still be in the continental US, it was like they were right next door.
Give Rin a call at ok4wd and he will take care of you!

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12