Looking for Experience and Reviews of Tilting Fridge Slides for Heavy Fridges (Dometic CFX75DZW). Alu Cab? DFG?

Bravo1782

Adventurer
Hello!

I recently got a killer deal on a Dometic CFX75DZW and while I'm thrilled with the extra space and functionality, I'm not thrilled with its substantial size. Weighing in at ~70lbs empty, she's a heavyweight for sure. I've got a set of decked drawers in the back of my F-150 that I want to mount it on and after some test-fitting and experimentation, I've come to the conclusion that a tilting fridge slide is all but necessary.

I haven't ruled out a DIY slide just yet, but I'm seriously considering either the well-traveled Alucab Tilting Slide or this DFG Slide I found during my search. I like that the DFG has the gas springs on the side to make moving the beast of a fridge a little easier, but I like that the Alucab has sealed bearings for an (allegedly) longer life. I also like that the AluCab seems to be very compatible with Decked Drawers.

Here's my question: how does the alucab (or the DFG Slider, if anyone has any experience) hold up with such a monster fridge loaded with food and beer? Is the tilting slide action fairly manageable? Most of the fridges I've seen mounted have been smaller fridges that would be fairly manageable anyway.

Thanks everyone!

gillbrak

I run a Yeti 65 full of ice and beer (quite hefty) on a DFG slide/tilt for years without issue. Also run a 54 QT fridge on a DFG slide without any issue.

Bravo1782

Adventurer
Thanks @gillbrak ! The one thing that I was worried about on those was the hinge? Is it just a pair of #10 stainless machine screws? Is there any kind of thrust washer in there or anything?

gillbrak

Thanks @gillbrak ! The one thing that I was worried about on those was the hinge? Is it just a pair of #10 stainless machine screws? Is there any kind of thrust washer in there or anything?

I'm not entirely sure. I'll check it out. I run pretty hard on my stuff and it has held up. The slide/tilt and Yeti are in my truck full time and the slide and fridge are in my trailer full time.

adaml

Can't help you but I'll likely be in need of something similar soon. I currently have a Dometic 75 in the back of my truck but I'll be installing a Decked drawer system which is going to raise it up a bit. It'll be usable as-is, but it seems like I'd benefit from something that tilts. The DFG slide looks like the one to get. Is that what you went with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior