Looking for reviews on the Tepui "awning Extension"

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
If it has the common sail track that most do, then yes. Mine (and, assuming, all) have a zippered track on the front top that makes attaching/detaching stupid simple.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
Thanks Parapyropig, is the zipper that the red arrow is pointing at what you are referring to? I had no idea that there was a zipper already there expressly for this purpose. I'd rather ask the short bus question than to find out otherwise later.

tepui extension.jpg

Box Rocket

And not sure that, that's the attitude i'd be looking for from a Tepui Tent vendor. However I am still interested in the product. Will it attach to an ARB 2000 Awning? Thanks.

I'm not trying to give any attitude. I genuinely did not know if Yarjammers comment was meant to be sarcastic or not. I'm trying to offer as much help as I can in all of these threads even to those who are trying to make a Tepui product work with a competitors product. I could easily just say, sorry I can't provide any assistance since you're using an ARB product. But instead I'm doing my best to answer questions and help people find solutions. Are you seeing that from other vendors on here? If that comes across as attitude I apologize.
So now that you've criticized me, I'll try to answer your question. The awning extension from Tepui has a "corded" flap that is designed to slide into the track that is on the edge of the Tepui awning. If your awning has a track (which I believe it does) then the Tepui awning extension will likely work just fine. If your awning uses a zipper at the edge then the Tepui extension would not attach to it since the Tepui extension does not have a zipper.

JasonRedwood

Explorer
Tepui has great customer service even too us non-customers or potential customers. I have never encountered a vendor that was responsive to my questions. Thanks a bunch Adam.

johnspark

Ramblin Man
I'm not trying to give any attitude. I genuinely did not know if Yarjammers comment was meant to be sarcastic or not. I'm trying to offer as much help as I can in all of these threads even to those who are trying to make a Tepui product work with a competitors product. I could easily just say, sorry I can't provide any assistance since you're using an ARB product. But instead I'm doing my best to answer questions and help people find solutions. Are you seeing that from other vendors on here? If that comes across as attitude I apologize.
So now that you've criticized me, I'll try to answer your question. The awning extension from Tepui has a "corded" flap that is designed to slide into the track that is on the edge of the Tepui awning. If your awning has a track (which I believe it does) then the Tepui awning extension will likely work just fine. If your awning uses a zipper at the edge then the Tepui extension would not attach to it since the Tepui extension does not have a zipper.

The extension still might work though. You could remove the Tepui's "corded" flap by unzipping it and then see if the other companies awning would zip to the awning directly. That would require an extension in hand which might not be feasible. Just a thought.

johnspark

Ramblin Man
I have a question:

How do you pack, stow, mount, carry, cram or otherwise drag your extension around with you in your chosen vehicle. I'm trying to determine the best method. Once again, I've found that I carry to much stuff.

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
IMG_7649_zps2f1c3659.jpg

IMG_7025_zps8dfe1bfc.jpg

Only thing I did to mine was to re-waterproof it.

johnspark

Ramblin Man
Alas, I'm returning mine. It has a hole somewhere in the seams. It rained pretty hard on us Friday night and the extension leaked pretty badly. We were quite warm and dry in the RTT, which was nice. However, the extension is just not going to make the cut. The awning was/is great, just have to keep a lean on one side when it rains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12