Looking to build custom dodge 5500

Jerryleejr

I've read a lot of good ideas about this build my question is looking for a reputable up fitter that is familiar with the needs of a truck camper. My build is going to be a little unique and require more than just fitting a bed to the chassis for the camper. I'm in Tennessee and would prefer to stay as close as possible to home so I can keep hands on during the build. ( and yes I've searched) that's what gave me the idea that what I want to do is possible.

JJ

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
You should have a look at Carlyle`s 5500 Dodge. Now that is a sweet:Wow1:ride with the Alaskan camper on the back....:)

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Im not going to be much help in the upfitter recommendation department, but I can say welcome to the forum! You will certainly find a wealth of information here and there are at least 4 people on this board that I know of that have used the Dodge 4500/5500 chassis for their camper builds. You should be able to get some help from them in answering your questions. Lets see if I can remember the user names. . . . . . . .

Carlyle
Dtruzinski
Ram5500
Sarconcepts

That should get you started with some more reading anyway. Enjoy!

Carlyle

Explorer
My welder that put my bed together is local in Colorado and a long ways from TN. Let me know if I can give you any insight on what I have learned thus far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior