Lowly the Lorry. . .

Sitec

Adventurer
I've not been here for a while and I have to say there's some impressive stuff happening in your workshop! It's really coming together eh!! Do you have a completion date you are working towards? :)

Lowly Update:

Just back from another trip down the Grand Canyon and the CNC router was busy while I was away. A van full of 12mm and 18mm Baltic birch plywood pieces was waiting my return:

IMG_1639.JPG

Many of these parts need secondary operations (bevels on the table saw or blind slots on the back side) so installation is still not ready to start.

In anticipation of the cabinetry going it, it was time to cut the remaining access hatch, shore power and water inlet holes in the habitat figuring it was easier to do without having to contort my body through cabinetry in order to cut out the interior sides!

IMG_1656.JPG

I measured measuring the to-be-installed components 3 more times to verify the correct layouts, checked their dimensions on the solid model, printed layout drawings of the cut lines and transcribed them onto the side of the habitat. I then used a combination of drill guide, 3/16" feeler bit, cordless drill, twin-bladed hole cutter, oscillating saw with diamond encrusted cutting disk, hacksaw blade and wood rasp to get the cutouts finished.

- Sheik

Lowly Update:

Part of the shop has been turned into a cabinet preparation workspace. The backside of a multitude of these components will need additional dados (the side that was faced down on the CNC router table). These will be achieved by layout drawings off the solid model, straight edges, clamps, pencils, lots of precision measuring, hand routers and prayers. Not a lot of room for error on these as I've exhausted my supply of plywood for this build!

IMG_1659.JPG

With all the parts stacked on the walls (18mm on the right, 12mm on the left) this portion of the build is daunting. I'm hoping all of the CAD that went into these parts will pay dividends when it comes to assembling inside the habitat.

- Sheik

Lowly Update:

As cabinetry component preparation continues the various 3D printed parts I've designed to integrate into the plywood cabinets were needing to be fabricated for test fitting purposes.

Mount brackets for the two types of water filter wrenches:
IMG_1667.JPG
IMG_1668.JPG

Mount bracket for the 50 micron water filter:
IMG_1669.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG

Mount brackets for the 5 micron and carbon water filters:
IMG_1671.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG

Magnetic insert mount tabs for vertically oriented access hatch:
IMG_1664.JPG
IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1666.JPG

The 3D printer has been running almost continuously for the past few days and there's still many more components to make. Viva la additive manufacturing!

- Sheik

whomisi

Love this approach, I'm still on chassis prep but when I get stuck into the cad I intend to do it this way. Will watch with huge interest, I do need a reason to buy a cnc router! Thanks for sharing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior