LR3 gas tank capacity?

I've put damn near a full 22 in mine at one point. No joke I thought I would be pushing it home I was on the "zero", fuel light, and well below the needle for about 35 miles or so. She gets good MPG at low speed and low weight, I was only one of them at the time! lol. I've consistently put 19-20 and sometimes a tad more on fill-ups.

I'm surely looking for more range options when I get to the mainland.

Exploder
Only 230 or so out of a tank? Something is wrong. Or do you have a heavy right foot? :)

I'll get 350 miles in town easy. Over 400 on roadtrips. Like Victory_Overland, I'll easily get 30-40 miles further with the range showing 0. Even then, the most I've filled at a single time is just under 22 gallons. I think that the range to empty indicator is a dummy light to keep people from running it to empty.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
The MPG is something I'm trying to figure out. The truck was just in to the Dealer and checked out. I do not driver of 55-60 ever and tons to keep the RPMsbelow 2000. The truck has 32"tire on it but I don't think I can blame all of it on that. 350-400 is what we get in my wife's LR3. I almost bought an AEV kitted jeep when this truck popped up and more and more I'm wishing I had.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Well the truck just kicked out a po175 code this morning, Engine running rich, I guess I'll pop off the mass air flow today and clean it. And finally dump the crapy K&N air filter and fingers crossed that will help my mileage.

Exploder
Oh, God. It's got a K&N? Mine did, as well. I ditched that as soon as UPS could bring me an OEM air filter.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Well I just put the K&N in the trash where it belongs. Put in a paper filter and took the Throttlebody off and cleaned it really good. I also cleaned the Delphi air sensor on the airbox. When I started the truck back up The check engine light was gone. I also poured in some injector cleaner just in case.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Well kicked the 175 out again today so back to the dealer to get the injectors on the left side checked out and I guess I'll have them look at what's up with my fuel economy then

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Yes. They are to heavy for my needs. I have an ARB front and a TR rear bumper tire carrer on the truck too. I think there is something wrong with the truck too though.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
The P0175 will always come back unless you reset the PCM adaptations, even if the problem is fixed. Do you have a scan tool that will allow you to see the long term fuel trim? I have definitely seen a K&N air filter cause rich fault codes on a LR4 in the past. I replaced both MAFS and installed factory filters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger