LR3 removing third row seats

Colin Hughes

Explorer
So I'm attempting to remove the 3rd row seats, have the six bolts down the centre out, a couple at the rear, but where are the others. It appears there is one right behind the bracket to lift the rear seats up, how do you get to it. Help please 😄

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Well, it seems to help if you are indeed removing the correct torx bolts. Once I discovered that there was a piece of trim running down both sides of the seats where the loadspace anchors are attached and removed it, the bolts I needed to remove were right there. Duh, feeling a bit dumb right now.

zelatore

Explorer
I've considered removing mine several times. Just added weight I'll never use. Only reason I haven't is maybe one day I'll sell it and somebody will want a bus (really...didn't we all grow up just fine in 4-door sedans and wagons? why all the need for 7 seats now?). That plus it looks like it's fairly complicated to get back to a nice flat load floor if I did take them out.

Colin Hughes

Explorer
I have a wooden deck that has tie-downs set perfectly for my camping boxes and my fridge slide is bolted to it. When it is all bolted down, if I get a flat, I've got to take it all out so I can lift the 3rd row seats to drop the spare. I'm thinking I may also do what Chris Cordes did in his RRS and lift my deck a wee bit to take advantage of the extra storage space under there. That and a friend with a 5-seater has expressed interest in them and I'm not using them. Heck, the 2nd row rarely gets used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78