LR4 mods for 265x65r18 tires

Mstutz098

How’s it fellow Land Rover owners, new to this site. Have some questions for anyone who has an LR4.

I have a 2012 LR4 HSE, currently with 255x55r20 tires. Just installed some 1.5 Johnson rods and am waiting on a set of 265x65r18 ko2 with some 18” Terrafirma wheels with 30mm spacers. I will admit that post purchase I have found that the entire set up including rods is not the way to go, so when the monies come in later I’ll go with some tuffants, IID tool and strut spacers. But I am where I am and I only off-road in the mountains of big bear, nothing to technical.

My question is does anyone have input on rubbing on the frame horns with 265x65r18 tires, 18” terrafirma wheels, 30mm spacers and 1.5 Johnson rods? Do I need to grind the frame horns down or should I be good? Hopefully I don’t have to return everything and start from scratch.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
This is an old article, specific to LR3's, but should be applicable:

XJLI

Adventurer
You don’t need to do anything to the truck with that tire size besides mount them.

Mstutz098

Thanks nwoods, appreciate the quick response. Very informative.

Mstutz098

You don’t need to do anything to the truck with that tire size besides mount them.
Thanks XJLI. Just gonna send it and hope for the best. Hopefully it’s not a buy once, cry once situation.

Errant

Explorer
You'll be fine at that size, without needing to modify anything else. I'm running the same on TuffAnts, no rods or spacers. Also in the BB area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior