Making our Ride-A-Long Events Better

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Now that we have 1 event under our belt I would like to take this chance to improve things and deal with any problems while they are small….
So I would ask that any of you who were there or even if you weren’t but have some thoughts about the way information was given please please post up some comments…
All thought are welcome…
Here are some of my thoughts:
1) More advance publicity to get more passengers….2 weeks wasn’t enough
2) Be a real non-profit with insurance (this question was ask of me over the phone a number of times and I hope will be resolved very soon)
3) I need notes for my driver meetings so I cover the important topics briefly and not ramble
4) Quality radio comm….Ham radio front & rear of the pack to cover the entire distance, and have folks make sure their cb’s work well if that is what is being used….it is tough on the entire group when you can’t communicate clearly (hey let’s all be hams!!!!)
5) Beg someone on a dual sport bike to take all the pics so they can run ahead, let everyone pass then pass everyone to get ahead again :

Ok everyone else chime in with your ideas…..

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
I think the event went pretty smoothly considering it was the first one. The only things I could suggest would be insurance and more publicity prior to the event, which you have already covered!

FlyingWen

Explorer
Dang It! I can't believe we missed this!

I will be having another foot surgery (my 6th) on June 11th and will not be able to walk for 8 weeks. I need training/ideas on being off road in that condition!

I have already mastered the camping in a walking cast...

When is the next PHX event??

timaus13

Observer
Just a Thought

Just a thought, when we go on our runs we try to get someone to change into other vehicles during the trip to get a good overall collection of pictures?
We also carry a DVD video camera that gets passed around, over the next few days from the run copies of the trip are distributed among the group.
We also try to place a vehicle with a winch in front of and behind all vehicles that are not equiped with one.
Fortunate enough to be surrounded by very very nice people on all our outings.
Tim:safari-rig:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears