Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T's - Anyone have any experience with them?

LRNAD90

Adventurer
Worth putting into contention for the next tire swap?

They seem pricey, more than BFG KM3's and GY Boulder MTs of the same size..

Curious if anyone has any personal experience with them? Are they worth the premium?

whododat

Only with their AT's and they have been the best tire I have ever used. Wearing extremely well (rotated at 5k) and get the job done.

LRNAD90

Adventurer
Only with their AT's and they have been the best tire I have ever used. Wearing extremely well (rotated at 5k) and get the job done.

Appreciate the response!

(PS, is that a Rottie in you profile photo? Had a Rottie years ago, want another. Currently have a rescue that looks like a mini Rottie!)

img_4771-jpg.811547

I have friends that have them that I have been on wheeling trips with. They seems very happy with them. Personally I have the Baja Legend M/T's. So far I really like them, good grip on rocks and loose surfaces, including deep snow.

caryt

I have ran them, keep them for a year before I got rid of them. IMO great traction offroad but for street loud, very hard to balance I had to warranty 2 tires to get 4 that were even close to acceptable weight used to balance them. I went back to Nitto Trail Grapplers, great in deep snow, rocks etc quieter than majority of mud tires and never have cut one unlike others. They take minimal weight to balance. IMO best tire any offroader can get unless they just stick to smooth gravel trails.

hoodlum

I have the Mickey Ts on the list of possibilities. Looking to go Super Singles on the rig we are building now. Estimated weight to be 13,800 lbs.
The MT in 37 x 12.50 x 20 are rated to carry close to 3900 lbs each.
Also looking at Nitto, Road along side a Jeep with 37” Nitto Grapplers…very quiet tire.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior