Mitsu Mechanics Portland , OR / 4x4 issues / Trouble Codes 25 and 26 / Need Help ASAP

mk75

Adventurer
Everyone,

45 days ago I a cervical spine " disc" replacement in my neck and today I realized even thought I feel OK it really is not comfortable to be under the truck. I am having some 4x4 issues that need a quick resolve. I start vacation this up coming Monday. The Montero figured heavily into my vacation plans and this trip has been in the making for 2 years.

Can anyone recommend a good Mitsubishi mechanic that is not booked out for the next 2 weeks here in the Portland .OR area. Took it to the dealer to find out my 4wd is not engaging like I thought. Getting trouble codes 25-26 " Center Diff & Free Wheel engage switch. So I get it back home go through all the electrical on the passenger side , including vac solenoids. Nothing changed after cleaning and re-seating the connections. I know that on the top of the transmission sit other sensors for the 4WD system. I soon realized that My big hands dont want to fit up there and lowering the cross member and lowering with a jack a bit would work . However I'm back to my issue of recovering from neck surgery. I just need someone to clean the sensors and check to see if the connections on top are solid. If not replace . I just want someone that knows what there doing and has diagnostic ability.

I need these other sensors looked at so I can figure out whats going on. I don't want to buy a couple of switches and hope for the best . Does anyone know if such a mechanic is here in PDX and knows these Montero's ? Leaving for Glacier tuesday so headed east . Anyone know good MITSU mechanic along the way that could get me in Monday?

HELP or Suggestion welcome ,

Thanks MK-75

mk75

Adventurer
So no one knows a good independent Mitsubishi mechanic in the Portland , Vancouver area. Wow ! I thought it was worth a try.

evol911

Observer
I think I remember seeing a strictly mitsubishi shop somewhere in Oregon City. It was years ago but it might be something to research.

montypower

Adventure Time!
May try The Gold Wrench in Gladstone, OR. They are exceptional for diagnosing issues. Otherwise, the Mitsu Dealer in Milwaukie.

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
Bills tech trans in vancouver was great to deal with when I was having issues with my ford ranger. They are an independent shop that specializes in driveline stuff. The owner is very cool and I would consider him to be honest. Worth a call, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears