Mod for expo trailers

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
snippage....
I think I'd make the tongue and it's bar the same size as a receiver. That way if I really got into a bind I could remove the whole tongue, mount it on the rear and pull the trailer out back wards.
2" receiver tube reaches completely through the trailer frame uninterrupted:
TB-Undercarriage.jpg

Note the support stands. I'm going to assume that they're std. trailer part as I'm sure that they came from our local trailer hitches and trailer parts supplier.
TB-RearReceiver.jpg

I'm guessing that Frenchy may recognize that license plate frame.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I REALLY like the twin Highlifts mounted as stabilizers on my trailer.

jack2.JPG
tent.JPG

I can raise a tire , fix an axle, level the trailer for RTT deployment, or pull one off for other uses. One of the best things I have done. The idea came from a Conquerer I think?

The mounts are integrated into the rear hitch. One quick pin to remove the jack from the receiver and slide the guide up to remove them. A simple clevis holds the beam up when traveling. I find the jacks also serve as nice deliminators. Makes it easy to see where the rear corners are. I thought they could perhaps be in the way on the rough trails, but they clear really well.
Think I have figured out a way to use them for awning poles when camped too. I haven't tried that yet though.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
pretty cool with the hi lifts, my new stabilizers will be junk yard bought scissor jacks, welded right to the bottom of the frame. currently i just have a tube that slides in a tube, like a reciever but with a bolt that i can tighten and set for any height.

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
That way if I really got into a bind I could remove the whole tongue, mount it on the rear and pull the trailer out back wards.

This is what I'm doing on my MJ trailer build... should it need to go the other direction it can be removed from the front and ran to the back.

FRONT
2qn455u.jpg

REAR Receiver
72ez5h.jpg

REAR left long... the length will be determined later...
15hodqh.jpg

Curt

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Nice idea, but comes with a hefty price tag.
Not if you figure out an economical way to do it, Mr Dreamweaver...

I like that double hi-lift idea. The Conqueror has two stabilizer tubes but they are simple mechanical slides with a screw to hold them. Honestly, to level my trailer, I dig a little hole for the tire on the high side.
:Wow1:

Box Rocket

I think Campa Trailers are the ones responsible for the idea of using dual hi-lifts as rear stabalizers.

CampaUSA Trailers

Not sure if they got the idea from someone else but theirs was the first place I saw them.

REasley

Adventurer
Hi-Lift builds the EJ-550 jack just for trailer applications. It was originally designed as a farm equipment tongue jack, but will work for this application. It has the industry standard weld on pipe mount just as you would find on a Hammerblow or Fulton tongue jack. It mounts to the tongue or in this case to the rear frame and swivels up for storage. The mount is on the side of the jack, so it can be removed and used as a standard (though shorter )jack. Hi-Lift sells it on Ebay for $84.25 w/ another $40.56 freight. You should be able to buy it from any reasonable local retailer for 10-15% less with no freight.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Hi-Lift builds the EJ-550 jack just for trailer applications. It was originally designed as a farm equipment tongue jack, but will work for this application. It has the industry standard weld on pipe mount just as you would find on a Hammerblow or Fulton tongue jack. It mounts to the tongue or in this case to the rear frame and swivels up for storage. The mount is on the side of the jack, so it can be removed and used as a standard (though shorter )jack. Hi-Lift sells it on Ebay for $84.25 w/ another $40.56 freight. You should be able to buy it from any reasonable local retailer for 10-15% less with no freight.
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior