Mombasa center joint seperation

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Today was RTT spring cleaning. I was amazed how well it stored over a long winter. Everything was dirt and spider free. I lubed the ladder and extension so as to feel like my time was well spent and when I climbed in to assess the seams I noticed the main junction of the tent halves was not staying together. This made the ladder side sag alarmingly. Messing with the ladder helped, but I am looking for a real fix.

Anyone have this happen? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Today was RTT spring cleaning. I was amazed how well it stored over a long winter. Everything was dirt and spider free. I lubed the ladder and extension so as to feel like my time was well spent and when I climbed in to asses the seams I noticed the main junction of the tent halves was not staying together. This made the ladder side sag alarmingly. Messing with the ladder helped, but I am looking for a real fix.

Anyone have this happen? If so, what did you do to fix it?

From you explaination it sounds like the hinges are loose. Can you take pictures of the hinges behind the material flaps so I can have a look see.

If it is the hinges, fold the tent and tighten the bolts, should fix it.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
From you explaination it sounds like the hinges are loose. Can you take pictures of the hinges behind the material flaps so I can have a look see.

Thanks Martyn - will do this Friday!

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader

It has been a YUCK weather day - cold and very foggy - so pics yet. Hopefully tomorrow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior