Mombasa RTT On Land Rover SD Rack (Pics)

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Thanks for that. I "think" I bought the "Expedition" model.. all I remember is that it was the one which costs 100 bucks more then the standard. I assume the skirt will fit fine. Thanks for showing me that.

JEFFSGTP

Observer
Thanks for that. I "think" I bought the "Expedition" model.. all I remember is that it was the one which costs 100 bucks more then the standard. I assume the skirt will fit fine. Thanks for showing me that.

There are several different changing rooms for the various size tents so make sure you order the proper one from the page below that will fit your tent...or just call them, I am sure they can figure out what you need.

http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=-44 :sombrero:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
OMG, that thing is SO high up in the air...lol.

Been there done that.

Maggiolina on a blazer with 8" lift and 38's.

Do you have to use oxygen when your up there?

:D

Cleand

Adventurer
I am about to mount my roof top on the top rails of my SD. I was wondering if you have been on any trails yet? Do you notice any extra body roll?

S

Street Wolf

OMG, that thing is SO high up in the air...lol.

Been there done that.

Maggiolina on a blazer with 8" lift and 38's.

Do you have to use oxygen when your up there?

:D

Only on occasion. :sombrero:

I am about to mount my roof top on the top rails of my SD. I was wondering if you have been on any trails yet? Do you notice any extra body roll?

Nope, don't really notice a thing. Just have to be aware that you're taller than you used to be, but as far as being anymore 'tipsy' it's not noticeable.

Lono

Adventurer
Found this older thread while looking for RTT mounting info and this question comes to mind: How do you install the spring bars for the rain fly canopies when the tent is mounted up this high? Am I mising something here? I have this exact same tent and same setup truck-wise, (DII with SD rack). My Mombasa RTT is currently on my M416 trailer but I need to mount it on the SD rack soon for an event that will not be trailer friendly. So what's the trick for getting the spring bars in?

Thanks,

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998