Montana Tour 07 9/14-9/29

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Had to happen sooner or later...heading back east through eastern Wyoming with a quick stop to Badlands NP and Buffalo Gap NG.

Montana07-5168.jpg

Montana07-5170.jpg

Montana07-5177.jpg

montana07002.jpg

montana07003.jpg

montana07005.jpg

montana07006.jpg

montana07008.jpg

montana07014.jpg

montana07016.jpg

Last edited:

erod

Adventurer
wow john, great pics, looks like an awesome trip! some "good" weather in there too. man, sorry i missed you guys, but looks like you had quite the tour anyway. glad you had a fun safe trip...thanks for posting, really enjoyed those pics!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
JohnB said:

Buncha ******************.....

What a phenominal trip John, the trip of a lifetime! :clapsmile

I'm so glad you were able to make the trip and see some of the most spectacular country in the Rockies and praries. Your shots from the Badlands are tremendous, even that poor bastard who wandered to close to the res.

You guys had some great accomodations with those cabins. I want one! Love the shots from Yellowstone, the scenic trails, the ghost towns and the wildlife. I truly hope your trip was everything you desired. Those photos should give you enough memories to last, well, until you come back!

And big time props for chosing a mule, the Cowboy's Cadillac. Horses are too skittish and they don't watch where they're going. A mule is the smartest pack animal I've been around. Ride 'em cowboy!

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
GREAT pics! Thanks for sharing!

I can never get enough of the trails in MT. Can't wait to get back there next summer.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
kcowyo said:
Buncha ******************.....
:xxrotflma Knew you wouldnt disappoint...

It was everything we hoped for. Thanks to you,erod and others for the suggestions of places we had to visit... didnt see enough of them but we'll fix that next visit.

My bud loves Eastern Wyoming so much he just bought 35 acres, and is shopping for a cabin to place on it eventually.

jim65wagon

John, it looks like you suffered a lot on your trip; a very serious case of overabundant scenery! You can't just post pics like that willy-nilly, you'll infect us all; then the planning starts and pretty soon people will be on scenic trips all over the world! So many people will be tripping nobody will have time to post pics on expo! Oh I think I'm hyperventilating!

Looks like a cool trip! Thanks for the infection.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Holy Cow! I just saw this thread - GREAT pictures!!! Thanks for posting them. Since my trip to Montana / Wyoming three weeks ago, it's my new most favorite place in the world!

I really enjoyed looking at this thread. Thanks again!

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the compliments guys. I know it's not the expedition style trip most of us are here for, but considering the distance and time of year we opted for the cabins. I'm glad i experienced it with my son.

We are planning (hoping) to get out west again next October, this time it will be Utah.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
david despain said:
are those forrest service cabins? how does one go about finding info about those?

Yes David they are.

http://www.fs.fed.us/

Enter the state of NF your interested in, then click on recreational activities. You'll see campgrounds and cabin info.

EDIT: If anyone books through ReserveUSA be careful, they made a mistake on my reservation for the second cabin which cost me a $125 fine in Montana. Even though their records show i had two seperate cabins booked for the same two day period they refused to acknowledge they made a mistake and speak with the local ranger district which issued the fine. CHECK your confirmation closely.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior