Morocco road trip

don simon

Hi guys, I thought I'd post up a little, work in progress, blog of a recent trip to Morocco. It was my first time to Africa in a stock Nissan Terrano 2, 2.7tdi. I had no plans, no expectations and no limitations. There's also a more in depth photo page of the full trip if you click the links. I am currently half way through month 11 of full time living in the truck and not missing bricks and mortar in the slightest.
Enjoy.

EDIT: If anyone in UK is interested the RTT is up for sale.

Last edited:

rydz

Hello Simon

I just read through your blog and your pictures, stunning and well done sir,

Amazing you had the balls to simply do it and go, I am still working up my courage to get started,but seeing what others have done helps.

Cheers,

Paulo

don simon

Hello Simon

I just read through your blog and your pictures, stunning and well done sir,

Amazing you had the balls to simply do it and go, I am still working up my courage to get started,but seeing what others have done helps.

Cheers,

Paulo
Thank you for taking the time to read through the blog and also to respond with such kind words. I'm lucky in that I have no ties and have also lived abroad in times gone by. The simple answer is to just do it, but everyone's circumstances are different. Don't worry about having the latest and greatest modifications for the vehicle, just what you feel you need. My interior build is not spectacular, but it works. depending on how remote you're looking to go, most populated countries have people who can fix vehicles and parts available (if you're patient). There was a whole mix of vehicles in Morocco from 9 ton ex army 4x4 (expensive) conversions to ex-delivery trucks with mattresses thrown in the back.
It really is one of those instances where it is just you holding you back. Go for it and let us know how things go, you won't regret it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior