Mosquito Pass/Wheeler Lake CO

mosupernak

Adventurer
Great trip! We had three Vail local 4Runners with three levels of modification. Mine's the black one with fresh trail damage. I had a rear sway bar bracket come loose, so now I guess I'll just take the whole bar off. And a rocker panel dented pretty good on a rock (is that why they're called "rock"er panels?). Now I wish I would have bought those sliders last week... Any way Mosquito Pass can be done in a minivan, but Wheeler Lake can be pretty tough with the optional fun stuff!

Jeremy heading up Mosquito pass
11.jpg

More switch backs but none super tight
10.jpg

Jordan's Pooch
12.jpg

Jeremy on an optional hill
9.jpg

At the to of Mosquito Pass
13.jpg

Starting up Wheeler trail
3-1.jpg

Looking for the right line
4-1.jpg

...and that was not it.
2-1.jpg

Jeremy made it up!
6-1.jpg

Then Jeremy almost flipped and went around the next obsticle, as did I. Jordan in his lil stock red runner named "Tanya" (don't ask) called it a day after seeing it.
1-1.jpg

Us at the lake its beautiful up there!
4.jpg

7.jpg

Mine smiling for the camera
6.jpg

Heading down from Wheeler Lake
3.jpg

We caught it at a magical time of day, it was breath takeing. I had to keep reminding my self to watch the trail!
2.jpg

Jealous that I didn't get any pics of me here...
1.jpg

Really enjoyed the trip. It's a mostly mellow trail, but we pushed it everywhere we could! Happy wheeling from Vail everyone!

Last edited:

mires

Adventurer
Looks like good fun! I can't wait to get out to Colorado one day. From the looks of things though, I'm pretty sure I'd never come back if I ever make it out there.

mosupernak

Adventurer
Looks like good fun! I can't wait to get out to Colorado one day. From the looks of things though, I'm pretty sure I'd never come back if I ever make it out there.

Yeah that happened to me. Moved here from FL 4 years ago to board for 1 winter and that was 4 years ago. Its true you move here for the snow in the winter but then realize the summers here are even better! Move you won't regret it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger