Mounting a DIY awning to a Sportsmobile Penthouse roof model but not to the Penthhouse roof?

dbhost

I am looking at the prefab awnings and they are either, too small, or WAY to stinking expensive for what they give you. I would like to set up a 10x10, I can use a Polyester camping tarp for the awning fabric, and do the DIY awning thing, but have no clue how to mount it so that I can open my sliding door, and NOT have my awning attached to my Penthouse roof.

Bling my Rig has some Z brackets that look promixing, even if for no other purpose but to provide mounting surface for attachment hardware. They appear to be designed for Fiamma Awnings which are both not sized right, and stupid expensive. I can actually deal with expensive if they meet my needs, but will complain about it a lot, But they simply don't match up.

My current solution is suction cup anchors to the metal part of the fan roof and pitching the tarp as a simply tarp rig. I can do this and it isn't too much hassle, but just looking for options on making it easier is all...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior