mounting a roof rack

Dirtman06

I just got myself a camper shell for my truck. I am going to build or buy a roof rack to haul cargo items such as camping items (tents,chairs,sleeping bags,etc.). my camper shell does not have any type of track rails on top for racks of some sort. what would be a better mounting idea for my rack gutter mounts or track railes? would one be stronger or safer than the other? input and pictures are always welcomed and appreciated.

medicfernando

Adventurer
Track rails seem to work really well on camper shells because they spread the load out over a large area rather than on a small mount. They are very versatile for mounting different components and are easy to install. Good luck.

Dirtman06

thanks for the quick replies. Frenchiexj I actually have a snugtop fiberglass shell. im also planning to add some fishing pole holder (gun rack style) and when I mount them im planning on using the same bolts that hold the mounts for the rack. then bolt them to the bottom of the shell into the side of the bed rail and that I think will give extra support to the rack on top.
Raul B I seen your post and even replied on it. I would've asked my question on your thread but I feel its rude to hijack a thread like that, but I did subscribe to it. lol. so have you thought anymore about how youre going to mount your rack?

Raul B

Explorer
thanks for the quick replies. Frenchiexj I actually have a snugtop fiberglass shell. im also planning to add some fishing pole holder (gun rack style) and when I mount them im planning on using the same bolts that hold the mounts for the rack. then bolt them to the bottom of the shell into the side of the bed rail and that I think will give extra support to the rack on top.
Raul B I seen your post and even replied on it. I would've asked my question on your thread but I feel its rude to hijack a thread like that, but I did subscribe to it. lol. so have you thought anymore about how youre going to mount your rack?

I welcome other posts on there so no worries. I think I'm going to build an internal cage to support the weight of the rack and accessories.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12