Mounting an ARB Awning to a BajaRack Utility (flat) Rack???

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Hey Guys

I have a BajaRack utility rack on my camper shell and just got the ARB 2000 awning.

The mounting system from BajaRack to mount the awning is cheesy at best. I don't see anyway this will hold up on a long washboard road.

Anyone have an ARB awning mounted to the BajaRack UTILITY (flat no sides) rack?

Any advice? Thanks

Here is a pic and you can see the long brackets and how they obviously flex and move

image1.jpg

Could weld or bolt a piece of 1/4" plate to the outside of the rack. Depending on how big you make it you can control the height of where the awning sits. I think a solid piece of plate would hold up.

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Just re-mounted my awning with fourtreks mounts. I can't recommend them enough. I say re-mounted because I used the L brackets for a little while and they sucked. Tried my hardest to figure out a logical and inexpensive way...no dice. Finally ordered the fourtreks and couldn't be happier.

I have an ironman awning and Gobi flat rack.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Could weld or bolt a piece of 1/4" plate to the outside of the rack. Depending on how big you make it you can control the height of where the awning sits. I think a solid piece of plate would hold up.

Thanks. Would rather a clean bolt on option and not weld to a brand new rack. Will see. Thanks

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Just re-mounted my awning with fourtreks mounts. I can't recommend them enough. I say re-mounted because I used the L brackets for a little while and they sucked. Tried my hardest to figure out a logical and inexpensive way...no dice. Finally ordered the fourtreks and couldn't be happier.

I have an ironman awning and Gobi flat rack.

WOW!! Never heard of these before!

Thanks, looked perfect!! Just ordered them!! :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12