Mounting an awning on LX470 factory rails?

ThomD

Explorer
As we fine tune our camping setup, we've decided that our free standing awning takes too much time and effort to setup/take down. A vehicle mounted awning looks like the right solution.

I don't want to have to buy thule/yakima bars just for this, so has anyone mounted an awning to the factory rails?

CSG

Explorer
Boy, this is something I'd love to find out. I'm way too lazy to set up a free standing or jury rigged awning. I've got a tarp and a couple of adjustable tent poles but it's too much trouble for an afternoon stop or an overnight stop. The Fiamma and the like are what really interest me but I'm not going to start messing with the roof rack unless I decide to get an RTT.

ThomD

Explorer
Boy, this is something I'd love to find out. I'm way too lazy to set up a free standing or jury rigged awning. I've got a tarp and a couple of adjustable tent poles but it's too much trouble for an afternoon stop or an overnight stop. The Fiamma and the like are what really interest me but I'm not going to start messing with the roof rack unless I decide to get an RTT.

That is exactly my thinking.

OTOH, we're a bit tight for space in the truck, so this morning we started talking about a roof box. Once I start down that path, I might just as well give Thule all my money and get their rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears