MPT81 vs G275 MSA

cph05a

Hi everyone!

I'm doing some research for a new build I'm planning but I haven't found a whole lot of info on the G275 MSA. Seems like the G275 is much better on highway but I'm curious how it compares to the MPT81 in terms of driving on icy roads, deep snow, and rocks.

Thanks!

Darwin

Explorer
MPT81 is a softer compound and will likely work better on icy roads and rocks compared to the G275. If that is #1 on your list of priorities they are probably a better choice.

Reports I have seen from others is Contis wear extremely fast, also only speed rated to 68 mph vs 80 with G275. But again MPT81's are likely better for your application.

762X39

Explorer
MPT81 is a softer compound and will likely work better on icy roads and rocks compared to the G275. If that is #1 on your list of priorities they are probably a better choice.

Reports I have seen from others is Contis wear extremely fast, also only speed rated to 68 mph vs 80 with G275. But again MPT81's are likely better for your application.

I have MPT81's on the Unimog. I love them. The speed rating isn't a problem for me. If you can afford a huge truck you shouldn't be in a hurry anyway. I haven't found the tires to wear too fast but feel the higher performance on ice and snow is worth any trade off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12