-MTV--(Maiden Tepui Voyage)

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Time is of the essence and I found the camera SD card I'd misplaced in Las Vegas-

Here she goes
maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20029%20-%20Copy%202_zpshlp8xfi5.jpg

maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20037_zpsfhubmd7o.jpg

maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20031_zpstafohhkw.jpg

maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20033_zpsbe69dpqh.jpg

I've gone to this part of the Sierras for over 14 years and evidently (first time)the Pacific Lumber Co (?) has timed/chosen/selected this are to do daily lumber tree cutting/trucking and on that trail I showed at the start you can meet 6 big 18 wheelers and they aren't and won't backup--so I'll stay outta that area for a long time-besides the noisy chain saws ALL DAY, starting at 0530 am

The TEPUI tent was perfect/quick/comfy and evidently the bear didn't like the smell, because this morning about 0100 hours he/she "wuff'd" and "nosed" the tent--scared my wife outta 10 years (yeah), but I worried more about her than a Black bear--I did have "bear spray" and a 1911 S&W so it coulda got real noisy/stinky, but didn't, the ranger said bears are real noisy this year. but no troubles yet (YET)--and I ain't adding to the count-

So, my wife and I really enjoy the Tepui and have the setup/teardown pretty fast, but we've gotto get a new mattress for total comfort-no problem-

The modified TENTRAX turned out perfect andf could take the trail without any losses-
Thanx Box Rocket-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

aaen

Adventurer
What is that propped up against the trees in the last picture? Kind of looks like a cross btw a raft and a tube.

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: heh Heh, well they callit a "Duck Boat", but it'a a twin hull inflatable fishing/shooting/floater-

What is that propped up against the trees in the last picture? Kind of looks like a cross btw a raft and a tube.

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

You actually sit init and paddle with "Web Gloves"-

aaen

Adventurer
Thanks! Interesting idea. I've seen tubes/rafts you sit in it are harnessed in you maneuver with fins. But this is new to me.

Regards

Steve

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: There are dozens of bigger fancier and even with seats for two people to row/paddle--cool ideas

Thanks! Interesting idea. I've seen tubes/rafts you sit in it are harnessed in you maneuver with fins. But this is new to me.

Regards

Steve

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Thanx, those are pretty special trailers to-

One thing I forgot to mention--after 50 miles of 5/10 mph trail/rough/rocky travel-the zippered travel cover was a perfect seal and the was no dust intrusion-AT ALL-

Good RTT !

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, well, no she is ready to go camping again, but----

So will is that (or was that) the last adventure for the wife? Did the bear win? :)

Not that high/remote/alone--so I'm thinking about Gold Lake which usually has more PEOPLE, maybe even the TEPUI invitation-we're familiar with the camping there and the 4x4 access-

We'll see in July--I'll fit the new Lightspeed 2-person mattress and different dual/lighter sleeping bag it's a 30° vs the one we just used-("0" °F)-

Every day's a challenge !

I really loved the lakes/trails/fishing/campfires in the area we were in and I don't worry about the bears, but the Hornets nest chainsaws/lumber trucks-are over the edge--so we won't go back there this year--this drought is making cougars/bears/coyotes very brave and THERE-Time will tell-

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: You MAY remember that I tried out my "OLD" TruckBedz" mattress this trip and-
001_zps4e707e65.jpg

Great air mattress for a truck bed/ground tent, but not the RTT, so

I gotta LightSpeed-dual/chambered air mattress and it's 55"x79" and pretty well covers the floor of the Tepui
Tepui-Lightspeed%20mnattress%20001_zpsecri5mvo.jpg

It's total comfort and the chambers keep one side stable when your partner moves around--no notice of movement and
Tepui-Lightspeed%20mnattress%20004_zpshhltvbus.jpg

Tepui-Lightspeed%20mnattress%20003_zpsnu95eqlo.jpg

It takes longer to fill because of the chamber "Bleed" valves(orifices)-

Pretty cool item-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman