MUT reader or Raspberry Pi/Arduino stand in

• Thread starter Deleted member 144409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 144409

Howdy,

I've a Gen1 89 Raider project vehicle and '91 donor. I need some diagnostics off the 91 before I start transferring parts but, of course, it's not OBD. I came across a thread about MUT readers which dead-ended and nothing on the interwebs is useful. Well, "useful" in the affordable sense. MUT readers start around $500.

Has anyone investigated the input/output on the diagnostic connectors enough to have specs for making an interface with Raspberry Pi or Arduino. I'd hate to fry one of the many ECUs in testing since these don't grow on trees.

Or know where to get a MUT reader more affordably. I honestly haven't checked with the local "we'll loan you a part" store but don't have high hopes for that.

Thanks!

David

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
IncorporatedX used a DSM datalogger to scan and diag my 1989 Delica. Worked great.

Jeff V.

Observer
You can use this procedure to check error codes.

http://www.stealth316.com/2-diagcodes91-93.htm

It's not as good as a full on reader as it won't give you actual sensor data, but it's cheap and quick for checking codes. BTW, you have to use an analog meter. A digital one reacts too fast.

EvoScan is a pretty cheap option if you need more detailed data. Just make sure to get a 1st gen 12-pin cable. It's the same as what's used on the DSMs. The majority of pre-94 Mitsubishis use that cable and protocol.

D

Deleted member 144409

Great to know! I've got the manual with the codes but was starting w a DMM. You just saved me some stress! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12